Occupational Safety and Health Committee for the Faculty has been established . There are currently 12 members which is chaired by the Director, Deputy of Director as a Vice Chair, Secretary,4 management representatives and 4 worker representatives. The committee plays an important role in ensuring safety and health to be a focal point during daily routine. Different activities and strategies have been planned and carried out for the past years to increase awareness amongst the staff and students in the Institute.
•To help the main committee at UPM to adhere to the rules of safety and health (Occupational Safety and Health Committee) 1996
•To carry out safety and health programmes at the Institute
•To monitoring Occupational Safety and Health performance at the Institute
•To report safety and health issues to the main committee
•Carry out regular inspection at the work place
•Report any unsafe conditions, accidents, near miss, occupational diseases and poisoning
•Inspec and help OSH Section in investigating any incident related to OSH after accident, near miss, •occupational diseases and poisoning happen at the Institute.
•Discuss accident reports
•Suggest improvements and corrective actions to the risks at work place.
•Review against OSH actions or practice and suggest improvement to main committee, UPM
•Keep records regarding OSH
•Report the above activities to the main committee regularly through OSH Section, Registrar Office.
•Helping the main committee in implementing the functions regarding OSH activities to promote adherence to the safe and healthy working.
1) SHonline UPM (http://www.oshonline.upm.edu.my/)
2) Occupational Safety & Health Management Office (PPKKP) UPM (http://www.osh.upm.edu.my/)
3) Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH) (http://www.dosh.gov.my)
4) National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) (http://www.niosh.com.my)
5) Perkhidmatan keselamatan pengurusan risiko dan keselamatan : http://www.upm.edu.my/perkhidmatan/keselamatan/pengurusan_risiko_dan_keselamatan-8277
Updated:: 20/09/2023 [salehan]
Universiti Putra Malaysia, Putra Infoport, 43400 UPM Serdang Selangor